Tuesday, April 27, 2010

This blog is new and still undergoing some work.

This blog is about my handcrafted jewelry. I've read that the time spent in the jewelry business is 50% or more just doing computer and paper work. I think that is true. For instance, this blog. It's amazing the time it takes just to set it up and get all the pictures uploaded. I find that this Blogger program leaves much to be desired in the way it's designed. Eventually, I will get an "official" website up, but this works for now.

I would much rather spend my time working on some new creations, but requests are coming in for some online presence, so I need to take some time for that.

You will find that I work in metalwork, and also beading. Some people do one or the other, but I enjoy both. Working with metal, in that I use a torch a lot, to anneal the metal to make it workable, is a bit of a messy work. So on days that I don't want to get "dirty", or work in the cold garage, I will sit and my work desk and "cleanly" work on some beading. I get a sense of satisfaction when I am working with the metal, because that is where my creative juices start to flow. So more of those types of jewelry will be coming in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment