Friday, June 11, 2010

My Pieces Are Getting Larger.


Well, it seems that way. It's just because the current projects have large gemstone cabochons. For those that don't know, cabochons are stones that the gemologist grinds, polishes and shapes it with a "flat" back so that it may be put in a metal backplate. So lately, I've been scouring the web for designer cabochons to make necklaces with. I've bought several, that my pocketbook can afford, and here are two that I designed this week.

This is a Leopard Jasper stone set in "blackened"
sterling silver base, attached to a string of Picture Jasper chips.

This one is a Montana Moss Agate also set in a "blackened"
sterling silver base, attached to a chain of
Bracciated Jasper, Picture Jasper and silver beads.
The agate is see-through, if you hold it up to the light, so
here, the shiny back of the sterling silver shows through the agate.

No comments:

Post a Comment